Sunday, November 1, 2009

A New Experiment: Week 4.

I finished my 4-week experiment with MtnAthlete a few weeks ago. The links below provide a summary of the final three workouts of the work-capacity cycle.
Monday (I needed 43 sprints and 39 sandbag get ups; I managed the former and failed the latter.)
Wednesday
Friday (31:58 -- I feel like I killed it on this one.)

The Scientist and I rewarded ourselves with an eating challenge -- 12 cake donuts for time. The Scientist crushed it in 23 minutes. I managed 9 donuts and most of a half-gallon of chocolate milk before my preternatural fear of vomiting shut me down.




The starting line . . .


Right about now we called our buddy Jason, who was attending a nutrition certification in Bozeman. The irony . . .


Nearing the end . . .

7 comments:

  1. Its not always finishing that one remembers, but the journey and struggle to get to the finish one will never forget.

    That is badass and I'm sorry I wasn't there to partake in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually 24 minutes. But the half gallon of whole milk about did me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So - the pair of scissors that suddenly appear in the last photo - what purpose did they serve in this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we were going to take Annie for a walk, and I was about a third of the way through. So I chopped the top off my box of donuts to make for easier walking/eating. I think. Is that right Rich?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recall a plan to use the scissors to relieve the pressure in my gut, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you needed some of the glazed. Sorry, my friend. I hogged them all.

    ReplyDelete