Monday, September 14, 2009

5:10:06

I finished the Mid Mountain Marathon in 5 hours, 10 minutes, and 6 seconds. While 98th out of 115 men is nothing to broadcast on The Internets, I'm okay with it. I worked hard, I managed not to cramp until I crossed the line, and most importantly -- I finished. Mission accomplished.

26.2 miles is a long way. The debilitating tightness in my calves and hamstrings is a nice reminder that I may want to stick to races in the 16-18 mile range. In those, right about the time the little voice in your head starts to say "I'm kinda over this," you turn downhill and run for the finish. But I've already shot my mouth off about longer endeavors next summer.

Cue Jason yelling SPEEDGOAT!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mang. Congrats on getting through it. Looking forward to the Work Capacity phase...

    ReplyDelete