Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mixed results.

The office makes me stir crazy -- especially after a week on the beach -- and so I bolted to the gym for a little "fun" yesterday at lunch. There's a thought that's been nagging me for a couple of months now: in terms of short intense efforts -- perhaps anything less than an hour -- I've lost fitness. Yesterday's trip to the gym proves it.

3 rounds, for time
400m run
25 burpees
16:02

That's downright slow. But here's the good news: I feel like I've developed the ability to cover a lot of terrain rather efficiently. Sixteen miles and few thousand feet of gain used to sound like an all day affair -- now I can knock it off between breakfast and lunch. And all of this raises two more questions:

1. How much farther can I go? Saturday will give me a clue about that. And, more importantly . . .

2. How will all of this translate in the winter?

'Cuz that's really what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment