Monday, September 7, 2009

Sayulita.

Here is all that you need to know about Sayulita: GO THERE. The Wee One and I will surely go back. But not in August.

The view from our private terrace. We spent hours watching the surf. In part because it was beautiful, and in part because it was SO EFFING HOT.


We nicknamed this "The Pit." It is a basketball/badminton court below the terrace and it was an effing furnace. For some reason, The Wee One decided it was the best spot to do burpees and jump rope. I decided it was the best place to contemplate death by dehydration.


WTF? The only thing to do a pull up on was a concrete beam that was (a) a little less than stout, and (b) topped with frayed electrical wires. My overheated brain decided that slinging a towel over that same beam would eliminate the simultaneous risks of being electrocuted and crushed by falling debris. Right.


A unexpected bonus of visiting Sayulita is making friends with stray dogs. I know, I know -- sounds weird. But these dogs were strangely endearing. This guy followed me around for three days. He never begged, never barked; just followed me around with a huge grin on his face. I kept trying to think of a way to smuggle him home in my carry-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment