Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tapering towards a beating . . .

The Mid Mountain Marathon is this Saturday. I'm not sure that drinking my weight in Pacifico last week will help my time, but I'm pretty sure I can finish -- if I don't cramp, and if I can shake the GI bug that I brought back from Mexico. There are plenty of aid stations and I've recon'd the first and last thirds of the course. I just need to start slow and crawl into my own little pain cave once I reach Red Pine Lodge.



Check out the elevation profile. Lots of leg-frying little ups and downs. The descent at the end is (comparatively) a welcome relief.

Yesterday's "fun"
Recovery WOD -- three sets of 10-12 [GHD sit ups, back extensions, pull ups, push ups, KB swings], not for time.

Monday's "fun"
I ran the last 8.4 miles of the MMM course -- or at least what I thought were the last 8.4 miles of the MMM course. I got suckered into following the orange blazes for the Park City Point to Point MTB race -- which includes a gnarly multi-mile climb -- and ended going farther, and finishing more beat up, than I wanted to. 9ish miles, two-ish hours, too much climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment