Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pressing the pause button.

For a couple of months now, my bed times have been getting later and I've been having trouble dragging my ass out of bed in the morning. My sleep has sucked and I've felt generally s-l-o-w. After consulting with the boys at the gym to make sure I'm not acting like a total sally, I've decided to take some time off.

So for the next five days, type II fun is verboten. I'm going to ride my bike, drink some beers, and try not to take myself too seriously. What I do for a living makes it challenging to relax, but I'm hoping a few sessions on The Turner and a couple gallons of whole milk will get me back on track.

Saturday's "Fun"
I ran the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase with The Wee One. 16 miles and a boring 3000' of ascent led to a legitimately fun descent. Catching seven people in the last four miles made us feel like champs. 4:01:55

Sunday
Brunch at Pago, lunch and a couple of Stellas at Silver Fork Lodge, and dinner at Este. The Wee One and I mixed in a recovery WOD at Planet Fatness.

Monday
A.M. WOD:
4x800m, rest as needed in between
3:07, 3:15, 3:22, 3:14

P.M. WOD:
20 squats @ 145lbs
20 dead lifts @ 185lbs

Tonight
I paced around the gym for 45 minutes thinking I'm really tired. Edwin finally suckered me into doing something of value.
50 20lb ball cleans/slams
3:45

No comments:

Post a Comment