Monday, August 3, 2009

Moose-a-palooza

On Saturday, The Wee One and I hiked/ran the course for the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase. Between getting lost, found, lost again -- and dodging LOTS of meese and their young above 8000' -- we managed to finish the course well under the five hour cut off time. The effort for the day was ~16 miles and ~3000' of elevation gain in 4 hours 35 minutes.



A good example of why wildlife photographers do not use the iPhone.

I spent Sunday trying to re-hydrate and re-fuel from Saturday's effort. Drinking "free" wine and baking in the sun at The Taste of the Nation did not help the cause.

Today my back is tight and my legs are tired. I'm trying to work up the nerve to head to the gym tonight -- I need to squeeze in some squats and dead lifts before the race this weekend -- and it's not looking good . . .

P.M. Update:
I made it to the gym . . .
Farmer's carry with 2x53lb KB's
3:18

Then
500m row
1:34.1 (PR by .1 seconds -- yahoo)

Then
Annie (sub'd 3xsingles for each double under)
14:00 (holy crap that is slow)

No comments:

Post a Comment