Friday, June 12, 2009

Enough already. Let's do this.

I hate The Waiting. I don't know how to taper, so I just try to "take it easy" and "stay loose," all the while worrying that I'm losing fitness. And worrying about the rain.

The frickin' rain. We live in the desert, yet it has rained enough over the last two weeks to turn the course into a gooey mess. The race organizer has threatened to switch to the "contingency course," which is a mostly-paved 14 mile out-and-back in City Creek Canyon. L-A-M-E.

But the sun is shining right now, and it hasn't rained yet today. With a little luck, I'll be running the whole course tomorrow morning. Until then, I wait . . .

Wednesday:
Two laps in Memory Grove
Easy up
Tempo down

Thursday:
"Stay loose" WOD at the gym
sampler of pull ups, ring push ups, GHD sit ups, hip extensions, and hand stands

Friday:
Chant "don't rain, don't rain"

1 comment: