Monday, June 8, 2009

Fall from grace . . .

The last few days have seen me go from the high of running most of The Steeplechase course to the low of nursing a nasty hangover with prescription drugs. Sometimes I wish I would keep things more moderate. Live in the middle, instead of at the edges.

Friday A.M.
Jason and I ran most of The Steeplechase course. I say "most" because we skipped the Memory Grove sections. It was a great training run, both mentally and physically. Jason bestowed some crucial wisdom about pacing and route finding on the way up, and then humbled me on the descent. All in all, it was about 14 miles and 4000' of vertical gain in slightly under four hours.

Friday P.M.
I went back to the gym for a recovery WOD. It was Jason's idea, and it worked like a charm.
Three rounds, not for time:
10 hip extensions
10 GHD sit ups
10 bench press @ 95lbs
10 pull ups
10 KB swings @ 53lbs

Saturday:
The fall from grace begins . . .
Wake up, rent jack hammer, run some other errands, lay on couch watching movies, attend the Salt Lake Art Center Gala. Which leads to after-hours at The Wild Grape. Which leads to after-after-hours at Laura's house. Which leads to . . .

Sunday:
Ugghhh. Wake up with a gnarly hangover. Take phenergan to quell the demons trying to crawl out of my gut. Use the jack hammer to remove the old sidewalk and concrete footings from my backyard. While hungover. Effing brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. That has to be one of the best ideas I've ever heard... I'm going to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete