Sunday, July 12, 2009

An Off Week in Review . . .

Looking back, I now realize that The Friday Beatdown of two Friday's ago -- The Scientist's gnarly creation -- nearly killed me. I wasn't right all week, and it showed.

Saturday:
Rode the Wolverine Ridge Loop with The Wee One. Took it easy because my legs were smoked from the effing wall ball.

Sunday:
The Wee One went for a trail run in Park City while I curled up in a Starbucks and tried to ignore how shredded my shoulders felt.

Monday:
An ill-advised weight day involving strict presses, push presses, and push jerks. My last set was 5 x OUCH!

Tuesday:
Ran a mental health lap around Liberty Park. Began icing my shoulders with frozen peas.

Wednesday:
Began the 20 squat challenge, which The Ant has altered to include dead lifts as well.
Back squats: 20 x 105 lbs
Dead lifts: 20 x 145 lbs
Continued icing my shoulders.

Thursday:
Rest day. Shoulders had stopped aching. Well, in that case . . .

The Friday Beatdown:
This one was my creation. Everybody got worked and no one got hurt. Mission accomplished.
Hawaii Five Forever: AMRAP in 55 minutes, plus one round, of
400m run
5 squat cleans @ 135lbs
Wall ball @ 20lbs
5 KB swings @ 70lbs
5 box jumps @ 36"
10 rounds in 1:05:57

Saturday:
I was getting back on track. The Wee One and I double-teamed a heavy pull up workout and split 120 penalty burpees. Then I kept rolling with the 20 rep challenge.
Back squats: 20 x 110 lbs
Dead lifts: 20 x 150 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment