Monday, May 4, 2009

Gaining on The Scientist...

Although The Scientist currently holds the gym record for the 500m row -- a blazing 1:29 -- I'm gaining on him. I have no doubt that upon reading this he, Six, and a host of others will dust off their five-hundo sprints and push the record even lower. It's the natural order of things, and it's part of what makes the gym tick.

WOD: 5 x 500m rows, 4 minutes rest between each interval
1:34.2 (PR), 1:51.9, 1:52ish,* 1:47.0, 1:44.4
Rest...then...
2 minute isometric squat (This was Jason's version of punishment for letting my times slack so much. He was kind enough to do it with me.)
Rest...then...
3 rounds of (10 GHD sit ups, 10 back extensions)

*The C2 rower is a devious machine. You set it for 4 minutes of rest, and if you're late getting back in the game -- say, if it takes you a little more than 4 minutes to peel your carcass off the floor -- it starts the clock while you're not looking. In short, I got caught with my pants down.)

2 comments:

  1. Nice, man. That is one wod I can let someone else have until I grow 6 more inches or my legs grow 6 more inches in diameter. Does The Scientist aka Cobra lats know your after him? I will keep it on the down lo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scientist is out there... somewhere... rowing a 1:25. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete