Sunday, April 5, 2009

Highlights of the last forty-eight.

Friday at 4:50 p.m.: The brief got filed. I was very happy with the final draft and, more importantly, so were the partners. Once the filing receipt hit my inbox, the sun shone brighter, the Heineken tasted crisper, and I felt free to focus on...

Breakfast at Dasks: Here's some free advice -- a rare treat from a lawyer -- eat breakfast at DASKS. Exhibit A: the bacon, egg, and cheese burger.

You heard me.

Insanity in Gunsight: Let's cut to the chase; Saturday at Alta was fantastic. The snow was very deep, and very light, and the clan was skiing at speed. While every run was memorable, my trip down Gunsight was pure insanity. Other parts of the mountain were deeper, but the snow in Gunsight was f-a-s-t. I'm at a loss to describe it, except to say that it took very few turns to get to the bottom. It's an addictive sensation, and I want more. It was the kind of day that makes people move to Utah, and prevents us transplants from ever leaving. And so was...

Sunday on Patsey Marley: The Wee One and I woke up, grabbed a bagel, and nonchalantly skied Radio Tower West off Patsey Marley. I am in awe of the charmed life we lead. Forty-five minutes after swallowing my bagel, we were booting towards Mt. Wolverine. Forty-five minutes after that, we were skiing 1000' of untracked. I'll say it again: we live in the sickest place ever.


Before...


After.


P.S.: My legs still hurt. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment