Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Keeping the little bastards guessing...

The cold I picked up over the weekend is slowly getting better. Too slowly. Usually, when I'm under the weather, I hunker down and try to "take care of myself." Eat right, exercise moderately, avoid alcohol. And it never works. This time, I'm throwing those little rhinovirus bastards a head fake.

Pizza and Coca Cola for lunch. Burgers and brats for dinner. Beer? You bet your ass. I may exercise, or I may not. Hard to say. I may drown myself in NyQuil, or I may not. Hard to say. The point is, if you're an RNA-based "organism" living in my body, watch your back. You won't know when or how, but I'm coming for you.

Mid-Day Update:
I broke down, went to the gym, and got deeee-stroyed. I knew something was up when I couldn't catch my breath --- during the warmup.

WOD: 5 rounds for time of:
200m run
10 pullups
10 pushups
10 back squats @ 135lbs
10 kettlebell swings @ 53lbs
14:15 (I quit after three rounds)

The score so far: Rhinovirus, 1. The ULG, 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment